Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp blasts referee for denying ‘clear penalty’ in frustrating draw with Leicester

Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp blasts referee for denying ‘clear penalty’ in frustrating draw with Leicester
Jurgen Klopp believes Liverpool were denied a blatant penalty as they staggered to a 1-1 draw at home to Leicester on Wednesday night.The Reds raced into the lead through Sadio Mane but a lapse in concentration allowed Harry Maguire to equalise on the stroke of half-time.After Manchester City’s shock 2-1 defeat at Newcastle the night before, Liverpool had the chance to go seven points clear.Jurgen Klopp wanted a penalty for the challenge on Naby Keita3
Jurgen Klopp wanted a penalty for the challenge on Naby Keita
And they were denied a potential winner when no penalty was given for Ricardo Pereira’s challenge on Naby Keita in the second-half.“I think everyone agrees it could have been a penalty but I don’t know why it was not given,” Klopp said.“I don’t know what he thought in that moment. I think he had the best position. Usually, I have to explain penalties which were penalties, and you ask me if it was a soft penalty. “A penalty is a penalty, there was no blood involved again today but it’s a penalty because one of our players is in the box. It is like it is. It won’t change. Nothing to worry about, keep on going.”Klopp also suggests the Anfield pitch contributed to his side’s frustrating night.With temperatures below freezing, a layer of snow covered the turf, which made it difficult to set a quick tempo, according to the Reds boss.The Reds boss blamed the snow for his team’s lack of tempo3
The Reds boss blamed the snow for his team’s lack of tempo
“You saw that the ball didn’t roll really,” said the German.“If you then have the ball pretty much for 70 to 80% of the time it makes life really uncomfortable.“The only problem is if it stays on the pitch and that was actually the case.”Harry Maguire cancelled out Sadio Mane’s early opener3
Harry Maguire cancelled out Sadio Mane’s early opener
Nonetheless, a point was enough for Liverpool to extend their lead to five points over City at the top of the Premier League.Despite his obvious disappointment, Klopp was also keen to point out the positives.“I don’t see it like we dropped points. We take what we get, and tonight it’s a point. It’s more than we had before the game, and that’s fine,” said Klopp.“Is it that I am now overly-happy? No, of course not because we wanted to win that game, but we knew before that it would be really difficult.“So the 1-1 is absolutely OK.”

Firpo hit the headlines when he scored against Barcelona earlier this month

United made in seven straight home league victories at Bramall Lane with a comfortable success over ten-man Rotherham. Jack O'Connell's early opener put the Blades in control, before Mark Duffy added a second after the break, with visiting skipper Will Vaulks seeing red in the first period for a challenge on George Baldock.
Sheffield United 2 Rotherham United 0, as it happened: Story

The 21-year-old finished seventh in the rankings after averaging 1.5 shots on target per 90 minutes

Virgil van Dijk 'has' to win PFA Player of the Year with Raheem Sterling second, believes former Liverpool man Dietmar Hamann Written by: fpnews Posted on: March 23, 2019 Former Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann has tipped Reds defender Virgil van Dijk to win the PFA Player of the Year award this season.
Virgil van Dijk 'has' to win PFA Player of the Year with
footballnote.com/virgil-van-dijk-has-to-win-pfa-player-of-the-year-with-raheem-sterling-second-believes-former-liverpool-man-dietmar-hamann/
Virgil van Dijk 'has' to win PFA Player of the Year with Raheem Sterling second, believes former Liverpool man Dietmar Hamann SHOO-IN John Terry was the last defender to be crowned Player of the Year but Hamann thinks Van Dijk is well on his way to claiming the prize
Virgil van Dijk says Raheem Sterling is the Player of the

Arsenal are hoping to secure Suarez from Barcelona

Scott McTominay has admitted he found it tough to see Liverpool win the Champions League.. The Manchester United midfielder watched on as Jurgen Klopp's side won 2-0 in their clash with Tottenham

Sterling appears to protest innocence to his manager

Welcome to the Evening Standard's LIVE blog dedicated to the latest transfer news and rumors. Transfer news, rumors and today's football gossip January 23, 2019. Chelsea are expected to complete the signing of Gonzalo Higuain today, with the Argentine striker reportedly flying into London this morning.
Transfer news, rumours LIVE: Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea

Marcelo looks set to be a high-profile casualty

Manchester United have activated the one-year option on David de Gea's contract as they look to avoid any uncertainty over his future heading into the January transfer window. Goalkeeper De Gea, 28, moved to Old Trafford from Atletico Madrid in 2011 and has been an outstanding success in the Premuer League.
David de Gea: Man Utd activate one-year extension on keeper's

Arsenal stars Hector Bellerin, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette were also in attendance at the NBA in London

Uncle Mike's Musings: A Yankees Blog and More This is mostly about sports, and then mostly about baseball. It will favor the New York Yankees, the New Jersey Devils, Rutgers University football, and the London soccer club Arsenal.
March 01, 2014: Volume LXXXII, No 5 by Kirkus Reviews - Issuu

Morelos and McKenna were both sent off in the game

tide shifting talkSPORT.com takes a look at where every team could potentially end up after this weekend's fixtures The 2018/19 Premier League season is shaping up to be one of the most exciting in recent years, with absolutely nothing decided as we enter gameweek 25.

Ousmane Dembele has plenty of talent but poor discipline

London: A Chelsea fan has been banned from football matches for three years after being ejected from their Premier League game against Brighton for shouting homophobic abuse. Representative image.
Chelsea fan banned for three years for homophobic abuse

The Real Madrid man beat Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo to the FIFA Player of the Year award

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez admits linguistic communication Eden Hazard this summer is his dream and is assured a transfer are in agreement with Chelsea. Standard Sport discovered last week that Real Madrid are reaching to create a giant push to finish a deal for the Belgique
Chelsea transfer news: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez

Final tickets are already being sold on resale sites for as much as 4,000

The 28-year-old sat down to discuss a number of topics with talkSPORT's Sam Matterface, in what was a fascinating interview. He discussed his debt of gratitude to Mauricio Pochettino for the impact he's had on his career, while insisting the club 'must…
Danny Rose on talkSPORT: His gratitude to Mauri

Alexander-Arnold was mightily impressive

On the move? The 23-year-old is yet to play under Manuel Pellegrini after spending the 2018/19 season on loan at Fiorentina West Ham outcast Edimilson Fernandes is set to seal an £8million move to Mainz, according to reports.
West Ham transfer news: Edimilson Fernandes 'set for £

Young wore the armband more often than not in 2018/19

Villarreal have now completed the signing of Vicente Iborra believed to be for a fee of £9million, much less than Leicester wanted. The two clubs are understood to have eventually settled on a

Post a Comment

0 Comments